Working alongside the Arab World Institute (AWI), the Friends of the AWI launch the Third Edition of the "Friends of the AWI Prize for arab contemporary creation". The "Friends of the AWI Prize for Arab contemporary creation" promote and highlight emerging visual artists from the Arab World.
The Prize supports the production of an artwork with a €5,000 grant.
The artwork selected by the jury will be exhibited in the collective exhibition « The Suez Canal saga. From the time of the Pharaoh to the Twenty-first century », at the AWI, from March 26th to August 5th, 2018.
The awarded artwork will enter the AWI museum collections.
Submission deadline: September 15th, 2017.
This call for submissions is open to candidates who fulfill the following conditions:
- Nationality : Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, or Yemen;
- Artists inclusive 40-year-old on September, 15th 2017
- Presenting alone or as a collective (all the members have to fulfill the participation conditions)
- The artist has never done a solo exhibition in any renowned cultural Institution worldwide (other than art gallery or school of art)
The candidates will be required to submit an art proposal associated with one of the following disciplines: painting, sculpture, drawing, photography, video, or an installation.
Candidates will be required to complete an application form written in French or English comprising the following elements:
- The completed registration form ;
- The completed presentation of the proposed project;
- A CV (only artistic background) ;
- A copy of your ID card;
- A portfolio with previous works (facultative) ;
The requested documents must be sent to the address below, and must arrive no later than September 15th 2017 at midnight by email or by regular post :
The Society of the Friends of the AWI : 1, rue des fossés Saint Bernard – Place Mohamed V – 75236 Paris Cedex 5; firstname.lastname@example.org