Become a student at École normale supérieure, at the heart of Paris !
At the pinnacle of French scientific excellence, the Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS) is a prestigious teaching and research institution. Amongst its alumni are 12 Nobel Prize laureates, 10 French re¬cipients of the Fields Medal and half of CNRS Gold Me¬dal winners. Since its foundation in 1794, renowned intellectuals (Louis Pasteur, Jean-Paul Sartre, Samuel Beckett or Aimé Césaire). The École is the highest-rated French institution in international university rankings. Resolutely intent on extending its international ap¬peal, ENS selects foreign students every year, who enrol in the courses taught at the school.
• You must fill and validate the initial application form (at the top of this page)
• Within 2 days, you receive an email to activate an account on Dematec, an application where you must upload the required documents.
• Please note you will not receive any answer between December 23 and January 3.
• If your file is complete, it is submitted to the jury.
• If the jury selects your dossier, you are invited to take written and oral tests.
• The marks obtained at the tests determine the list of admitted students.
• More information about International selection Artd and Humanities
• More information about International selection Sciences
• Candidates must not be after their 26th birthday on December 1st.
• Candidates must not have applied to the International Selection before.
• Candidates must not have lived in France more than 10 months during the academic year of the selection (September 1st – August 31st) nor the previous year.
• Candidates must justify at least one year of undergraduate studies awarded by a foreign university during the calendar year preceding the start of applications.
• Candidates justify at least two years of undergraduate studies in a foreign university, on the 1st of September following admission.
To know more about the international application process, visit the website of the Ecole Normale Supérieure